Beds & underbed storage...
- General details
A simple elegant fabric bed. Just like all the beds we make in our London workshops, we use top quality solid sustainably sourced wood throughout all of the frames, legs, supports and thick slats which are 15 cm wide.
The chic range of beds, first and foremost are 'space saving' which means that the frame sits underneath your mattress, reducing its footprint within your bedroom.
Choose the type of fabric and the colour that suits you from our curated selection of 100% natural Belgian linen, soft jean cottons, or the easy clean velvet options. Enhance the natural grain of the wooden legs by selecting the colour of the wood stain finishe that completes the look of your new Chic bed.
We ensure the quality and ethical production of every aspect of our furniture from start to finish. We don't ship products thousands of miles, so we can control the quality of the FSC wood, the quality and type of mattress fillers, the workmanship, the limited packaging that is reused, and the free deliveries - assembly service - returns - old bed/mattress removals with recycling. All direct to you from our London workshop and committed staff. Buying direct from the craftsmen is always better value. Your bed will be skilfully handmade in our environmentally friendly London workshop, be built to be long-lasting, comfortable, and beautiful. We recycle 98% of our waste and use only water-based finishes on our FSC® certified wood. Traditional carpentry methods ensure your bed is solid, comfortable, and will stand the test of time. Our beds come in sections that allow them to fit into all homes, so there's no need to worry about narrow hallways or stairs.
- The beds..
- Guaranteed for 16 years.
- Free delivery and assembly (geographical exclusions and some surcharges apply).
- Free recycling of your old frame (on a like-for-like basis).
- 10 Week Free Trial with money back and this includes a free collection from where we delivered it.
- If you are out of our postcode delivery area, please call us to help you arrange a delivery with couriers or to arrange a workshop collection.
- Height to the top of the bedframe, upon which the mattress sits is 30.5 cm, and the clearance underneath the sides and foot end is 16 cm.
- Our beds are made in UK standard sizes.
- The Chic bed is 4 cm longer and wider than the sizes shown on our SIZE selecter shown above (which relates to standard UK mattress sizes)
- When a fabric headboard is added the frame length increases by 8 cm
- We make special sizes upon request. Some retailers supply non-standard UK sizes, so please be sure to check your mattress is approximately the same sizes as our mattresses, give or take 1 inch or 2.5 cm. If you don't see the size you are looking for, please call us on 020 3927 7777, we will sort it out.
- All mattresses vary in length and width by, give or take, 1 inch (2.5 cm). This is wise to expect regardless of where your mattress comes from.
- Headboards and legs dimensions
- Special size legs can be made to order, please call or email your interests.
- The height to the top of the bedframe which the mattress sits on is 30.5 cm, and the clearance underneath the sides, head and foot end is 16 cm.
- Eton & London head boards: The total height of a Chic bed with these headboards is 105.5 cm from the floor, and the headboard itself is 75 cm high. From 75 cm, deduct the thickness of your mattress and what is left is the height that the Headboard will rise above your mattress.
- November & December head boards: The total height of a Chic bed with these headboards is 84.5 cm from the floor, and the headboard itself is 54 cm high. From 54cm, deduct the thickness of your mattress and what is left is the height that the Headboard will rise above your mattress.
- Finishes & Fabrics
We offer beautiful wood enhancing stains that are completely water-based and safe for our environment, animals, and children. Our stain finishes are Black, Oak, Medium Oak, Teak and Red Mahogany. All of these stains have a two-part high-quality final lacquer finish applied to enhance the grain and longevity of our beds. Select "Varnish" and we apply two coats of clear lacquer without stain — leaving just a cleanable, protected, quality wood finish.
We hand upholster our headboards with top grade 100% Belgian linen, soft jean cotton, or easy clean velvet fabrics fitted by our upholsterers using quality fillers. All our fabrics are available in various colours.